Monday, November 25, 2013

Thankful


Who am I thankful for in class? I don't know, that's a hard one. I know many people in our class, but I'm not necessarily close to any of them. I guess I would have to say I'm thankful for Noemi. I've known Noemi since last year, when we were in the same English class. She and I struggled with that class together, and adapted to the ways of our teacher and grew somewhat close.

Because of Noemi, I rarely faced that awkward not-having-a-partner-or-group situation, since she would frequently ask me to be her partner or in her group. Because of Noemi, I felt wanted and accepted, which was nice. I'm thankful for Noemi because she included me, and didn't leave me to be out casted.

Noemi and I often communicate outside of class to discuss homework or assignments. If one of us misses a day, we'll text each other to find out what we missed. It's really convenient to have someone you can count on to help you, and I'm grateful for having Noemi, because I know she has my back when I need information or help.

Noemi has also been a good friend to me; she and I can make jokes and just talk and it’s not super awkward. I can't say she and I are super close, but I know I can call her my friend. She is someone I can count on, and if I ever wanted to talk to her, I know she wouldn't turn her back on me. I hope that Noemi can see me as someone she can count on as well.

It's weird to say that am I thankful for a classmate, but in the end, I know I'm thankful for Noemi.

No comments:

Post a Comment